We're leaving!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
May 4th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so we're off! Only hours remain until we're flying to Vancouver, and then to Hong Kong, and then to Hanoi, Vietnam.

This post is both to test out this whole blog thing (as it is new to the both of us) and to make our first post to let you know that we haven't chickened out on the whole trip!

See ya!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Happy we're flyingHappy we're flying
Happy we're flying

This is one of the first photos I (ben) took once we had gotten on the plane to vancouver... before we got totally exhausted by the upcoming 13-hour flight ahead of us!
Plane food?Plane food?
Plane food?

This is the breakfast I got on the flight with cathay air. It was definitely the best I've ever had. (chicken in a mushy rice-type soup, plus all the extras (sorry the photo is a little dark)
No toy cars?No toy cars?
No toy cars?

This is a thing they had put on the cathay air safety sheet. This one's for Devon.
HKIA (hong kon intn'l airport)HKIA (hong kon intn'l airport)
HKIA (hong kon intn'l airport)

Here's just a taste of how immense this airport is (it went just far in the other direction from where I was standing). There were several floors of this, and I'm sure we barely brushed the surface of its size.
Beware!Beware!
Beware!

Hilarious sign they had in the HKIA. It speaks for itself.


4th May 2008

Oh, Ben, I haven't spoken to you in so long, I had no idea you were off on such an awesome adventure! ('awesome' with an English accent, of course). I know lots of people who have done SE Asia plus I've studied it this year so I know you'll have a brilliant time out there. Be safe and take hundreds of photos! Claire xx
5th May 2008

GOOD LUCK
Good luck to you both. Stay healthy. Enjoy every moment. Will follow your journey.
5th May 2008

Have a wonderful time!!! I am so jealous - take lotsa pics so I can live vicariously through you. Take Care Sweeties, Kassia
13th May 2008

oh the blerin...
hey wankers. got back a couple days ago. the HK airport is indeed massive. too bad i missed you there. we got stuck having to walk to the absolute farthest end possible. i actually recognize that area of the airport. small world. seriously though, what's up with airplane food? stand-up comic material staple aside, the "mushy rice type soup" is congee and the airplane version is revolting. i know this because it was served on our flight and no asians would actually eat it. have lots of fun, and remember to ask yourself: "what would jesus do?"

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb