Mount Blanc hike


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
February 11th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My family had taken a Mount Blanc tour with Gap Adventures this past summer. The guide was a young fellow who had poor command of French and had no knowledge of the area we were hiking. In the advertisemnt it states that the guide is knowledgable of the area.

We required an emergency air-lift off the mountain and at that point realized that our guide had no satellite phone. Thanks to other hikers we were able to get my daughter off the mountain and to a hospital in France. Gap hasn't seen fit to contact our family or address questions of protocol regarding a medical emergency. During our stay at hospital no rep. contacted us and the guides lack of French caused considerable grief when trying to maintain contact with the group. We were fortunate that she did not die on that mountain. After informing the company via e-mail regarding what transpired response has been abysmal.

I was also very disappointed that prior to our trip, after informing the company of health and dietary needs, no effort was made to accommodate those needs. Had we been informed of the difficulty in dealing with a celiac diet we could have brought our own food for the hike. Our guide was not informed of the allergies.

I am surprised that this company hasn't been sued or taken to task when there is little to no response to major problems. I will not recommend GAP to anyone, and would be very apprehensive of having anyone travel with an adventure company that has failed to address our concerns , especially when the seriousness of the events that took place are being ignored.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb