This is the 'Mall' that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on...and on and on!!!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
October 20th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, we came to Edmonton a day early, and what a great decision that was! After having a small sleep in, doing some washing at getting organised, we made our way to West Edmonton Mall (the world's largest shopping mall). Getting there was raher interesting, the city streets are laid out in a grid system, but there is a large river going through the city, and only two bridges over it, so it can be rather tricky to navigate around. Especially with all the one way streets and highways.

Eventually, we made it. We arrived and it didn't really look that big from the outside, but WHOA! did we get a surprise when we went inside! So firstly we walked in the door of the 1st floor (it only has two floors) and were looking down on a full size ice rink!!! Throughout the day they had open skate sessions, children learning to skate, figure skating and a hockey game.

The mall also has a full size swimming pool (wave pool, like a beach) with 4 hydroslides. A paintball area, two mini golf courses (one is glow in the dark) a bowling alley, two movie theatres, a hotel, a casino two food courts (each about 4 times the size of NZ ones) another entire area with about 12 full sized restaurants, an indoor sea lion show, a farm yard with baby animals, about 6 two storey department stores, a theme park....i'm sure i've missed something!

Anyway, 10 hours, 3 trips to the car and about 8 shopping bags later we had had had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the mall, had bought just about everything on our wish lists and had a fantastic experience!

P.S. Sorry there are no photos...we were too busy holding all our shopping bags to take a camera with us!! But check out the mall's website: http://www.westedmall.com/home/default.asp


Advertisement



20th October 2007

dreams
Sounds like your dream come true liz! i'm sure you enjoyed it too Jahan. Glad to see that you are both having an awesome time!
20th October 2007

Lots a goodies!
Looks like I was right! sounds like your mouths never left the floor! As a shopping conisour I am very jealous!!! Although I must say I've my fair share of amazing shopping sites,so I know what you mean. Yey lots of goodies,where's my squirrel hiding? don't forget to leave room!!! Have fun,luv Ma Su.xxxx
21st October 2007

With your mates!
Hello to both of you,and your mates. Well this will be some down time for you both and a catch up on all the gossip! How's Quebec? probably colder again. Watch out for all those critters! we don't have here when you are hiking please!!! Waiting for next batch of photos! Lizzie did you go back and take photos of your Mall? Graham said sounds more like a theme park with shops!! He is looking but leaving the answering to me!!!.. Seeya,enjoy . Ma Su. xxxxx.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb