Being Entertained in Edmonton


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
July 30th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

We left Jasper and started the nearly 4 hour ride to Edmonton. The journey was an interesting one as we were caught in an amazing storm on the way. The rain came down in a torrential downpour and you couldn't see beyond the front of the Jeep. Cars were pulling off to the side of the road and thunder and lightening was erupting all around us - fun!!! It was hard to know which was to look as the lightening was sending forks on one side and then to the other. We eventually drove through it and watched the huge black cloud disappear behind us.

We arrived into Edmonton and navigated ourselves to our friend's Bill and Sheri's house. We always have lots of fun when we are together. Are arrival was perfect as they were in the middle of entertaining friends with a wee BBQ. So, with glasses in hand, we joined the throng and enjoyed good food and a few wee drinks. We stayed up late chatting and drinking and eventually retired to bed.

The next day we woke to brilliant sunshine. The boys took off with their golf clubs and disappeared for a day of hitting those small balls around grass and bunkers. The girls decided to take a much more leisurely slant to the day and hit the town for a wee spot of shopping. We are a bad combination and are quite happy to tell one another that it looks great and you should buy it!!! Sheri had a shop in mind as they were having their big sale. It was a lovely afternoon and browsing and trying. We would do one round of the shop, try a few things on - pass the ones that we weren't too sure of to each other (the joy of being the same dress size) and then we would do the whole routine again. Wander round the store, pick out more items and try them on. Then again. So much fun and after three hours of that we made it back out into the sunshine. We had a light, late lunch and then headed back to the house.

We decided that it would be a great idea to stay at the house and have another BBQ. It was the weather for it after all. The girls started on drinks whilst the boys made their way home from the golf course. An en-route stop was made to pick up some good old Alberta steak and to stock up on a few beverages to make sure we all made it through the evening. Which we did quite happily. Another yummy BBQ and some good laughs.

The next day we went Barb and Ernie's restaurant for brunch - they are famous for their eggs benny. We then managed to squeeze in another hour of shopping at West Edmonton Mall - one of the largest in the world 😊 Then it was time to say goodbye before Mike and I hit the road down towards Calgary. Thanks to Bill and Sheri for another great get together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb