Leaving The Rockies


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Canmore
September 12th 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We didn't get back from Lake Louise the night before too late so we stayed in and watched TV, were up quite early this morning and went for a walk around Canmore.

When we got back to the pad we couldn't get in, the doors have those swipe cards for entry and we'd been having problems all week. The "friendly" (not) French Canadian girl on reception struggled to help us, she eventually called out the maintenance guy.

Whilst the guy fixed the door we packed our stuff and got ready to go, we have a little lock up in the place so we are able to leave some of our things so we sorted them out too.

By now it was nearly 11am, we had planned to go into Banff for breakfast at Melissa's, a place we regularly go to when we are there. We went anyway but it was a bit of a rush to get there and back, checkout and set off for Calgary airport.

We set off, running a little late, perhaps 15 min, we had a 90 min drive to the airport, all went to plan until we got near to the city centre of Calgary. There were major roadworks on highway 1 which runs east to west across the north of the city, this delayed us by the best part on an hour, by this time we were getting a bit edgy.

We arrived at the airport with 2 hrs to check, so we wern't late after all. We need not have worried as the flight was to be delayed by 5hrs !

A bag lost on the way out (eventually delivered to us, wellnear to us a hotel in the same town anyway) and a delay on the way back.

The choice of airline was Thomas Cook £400 return or British Airways £1200, delays are all part of the fun with air travel, the $10 food voucher helped to ease the pain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.8kb