A normality day!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 24th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.0867, -114.129

Today was a day of feeling human again!

We had a dozy morning, left to our own devices as bob had a meeting in town and becca slept from her night shift! A nice, long, hot, powerful shower where my hair could be properly washed! We washed all of our clothes and tumbled dried them so we smell wonderful for our last week away. James watched the mighty bluejays win a baseball game .... I'm starting to get the rules slightly now, but basically it was a sofa morning in front of the tv!!

Once the game was over we left b&b to their masses of paperwork and ventured into the mighty Calgary for a few hrs. The transit station (tram to you and me!) is a stones through from the apartment, so once we worked out which way we needed to go it was simple! As bob said if we can work out our London Underground we will be fine!! We got off at the 'Downtown' area and just wandered! It's a lovely city, however not all that much to do for tourists, more of a town to head out to things rather than stay for a long time.

The is the Calgary tower, similar to the CN tower, however having done the biggest one in Toronto we just stood at the bottom of it today! But there we discovered the tourist information and picked up a map (which made me happy!!) and lots of info abt the Rockies.

Before we headed back we had a sit and a people watch in a juice bar as everyone is getting ready for stampede in a 2 weeks time.

The journey back was a little more rush hour like! But we made it back to the apartment ready to order some food for dinner!

Food was amazing! We ordered in from Earls restaurant. A prawn sushi roll and ribs for me and the same starter for James with a chowder all scrummy and demolished in minutes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb