Calgary Zoo


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 26th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

butterfly gardenbutterfly gardenbutterfly garden

My (Kat) attempt at 'arty'...
As every good tourist does when there's time to spare, we visited the Calgary Zoo today. It was smaller than we expected, but we still managed to spend a good few hours looking around. We caught a few of the talks given by the workers and animal trainers - which were very interesting and interactive, and took numerous photos of the animals.

There was even and Australian exhibit! It contained a few Kangaroos and an Emu outside, and a Tree Kangaroo and a few birds and lizards inside, so it was fairly... ahem... lame... (which we'd already been informed of by some 10 year old family friends of the Courtneys), but it had to be seen!

After our zoo visit we caught the train up to a Dairy Queen store (suprise suprise!) to meet Mary and to head home after a VERY long day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

live entertainmentlive entertainment
live entertainment

the workers get into some african drumming
the aussie exhibitthe aussie exhibit
the aussie exhibit

yep... this is about it...
the best we could do...the best we could do...
the best we could do...

but unfortunately the moose wasnt all that sociable... *pout*
Black BearBlack Bear
Black Bear

saw one of these on the side of the road last time we were here!
GiraffeGiraffe
Giraffe

because what is a zoo without a giraffe?
the butterfly gardenthe butterfly garden
the butterfly garden

so pretty! a humid greenhouse with flowers and butterflies everywhere!


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.9kb