Cycle trip completed


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 1st 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Andrea and I have completed our round trip cycling journey from Banff to Jasper. We are a bit tired, but are now at my mom's place in Calgary and have showered for the second time in 12 days!

Some highlights of the trip:

1) Space food is not too bad, but I recommend that you steer clear of the Mac'n'Cheese.

2) Andrea and I cycled 104km in one day from the Columbia Icefields to Jasper. A lot of it is downhill, but it is a long haul and the road sucks for cycling IMHO.

3) Least favorite hill climb award goes to the climb up to the Bow Summit. We got snowed on.... Damn near froze at the top too! Snow and cold on the 30th of June 2010 at the Bow Summit on the Icefields Parkway!

4) Found a new fishing hole too 😊 GMH, we'll drop a line or two in there soon.

5) Saw a Black Bear, Mountain Goats and some BigHorn Sheep. Also saw some really stupid people trying to pet the Mountain Goats and get pictures of the bear.

6) Two bikes, 530km of cycling and no flat tires!

7) Reaching the top of the parkway and the Columbia Icefields by bicycle is definitely a highlight of our trip. The hot dogs at the top are pretty good too.

8) Freeze dried foods...cycling....small tent....so so sorry Andrea....


There are many things that I have missed and left out, but we had a great time and for those willing to give it a try, I highly recommend the trip.

Corey and Andrea out for now!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb