90 more sleeps -- or so


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
January 5th 2007
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Con and BarbCon and BarbCon and Barb

Relaxing with latte
Well, she (the boat) finally has a new name, "Big Sky." The departure date is nearing and our excitement (and nerves) are building. We're wrapping up our careers, which doesn't come without emotion as we've poured our hearts, souls and energy into creating them for the last (combined) 65! years. Excel spreadsheets are a God-send, so we don't have to keep the details stored in our heads. Lists of items to pack, sell, give away; lists of "to do" from dentist visits, first aid courses, to researching the best medical plans; lists of financial tasks from international banking access, insurance to personal files filing; and of course filling up with "family" and "friends" before we set sail. We've charted a tentative course that begins in Turku, Finland, the Gulf of Bothnia (Swedish side), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, south coast of Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Portugal, then onto Gibraltar, South of Spain by winter. Our tentative sailing schedule has been sent to family and friends in the hopes that the spare rooms on Big Sky will begin filling up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.8kb