Car Problem


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
July 20th 2016
Published: July 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

20 Jul 2016: Today we wanted to visit Banff, specifically to stop by the visitor's centre, soak in the mineral rich hot spring and take a boat tour of Lake Minnewanka.

This trip was by car so we were hopeful we could get around better. The town was crowded as before. We found the visitor's center and we're driving around looking for a parking spot when I noticed the temperature gauge was half way between normal and hot. Hmmmmm. Jeanne mentioned she had smelt some burning oder several days before. We concluded that the worst thing we could be doing was to drive around in gridlocked traffic so we reluctantly but wisely turned around and headed for Lake Louise, watching the Gauge all the way.

21 Jul 2016: I am continuing this story on the same blog entry. After looking for coolant in the village, I was referred to the only auto shop in town. Proceeding to the industrial section, I explained my situation and was told to return at 1330. At the appointed time Richard the mechanic on duty oerformed a pressure check on the cooling system and a general inspection of the engine compartment. There was a slow decrease in pressure caused by a leaking water pump. Replacing the pump would probably run about $CA 450.00. We were leaving the next day so I decided to find a place along the way to have it fixed.

We spent the afternoon at the Lake Louise ski lodge where we rode the gondola car to the top of the mountain, protected from Grizzly Bears by an electric fence. There was an interpretive center we visited before riding back down and enjoying an ice cream on the patio.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb