Start up in Banff


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
November 11th 2010
Published: November 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys this will be my blog updates for my trip overseas so you can read about what we are up to if you please. and so ill have a journal of our trip


Anyway ill condense down what has happened so far as this is my first post. its been just over a week sine we moved to Banff. Stayed the first two night in a backpackers with 8 other people in our room it was ok but pretty pricey for what we got. We found a really cheap hotel that cost us the same money and we would get our own private room etc. So after two nights we said goodbye to Samesun backpackers and moved into our new hotel in the middle of town King Edward hotel.

We have stayed there the last 5 nights and really just been looking aorund town and applying for jobs and a place to live permanently. It was getting really hard to find a place in Banff and they were all very expensive and from talking to the locals you would be very lucky to find a place in Banff for a reasonable price. We were starting to change our minds a bit so we started to look for a place in Canmore 22kms away from Banff. Alot cheaper but it would be a pain for us to get around as we wouldnt have a car.

We found a few good places then out of lucky I noticed an add on one of the Banff notice boards gave the guy a call and the next day we had found our perfect place. Jason had been living in Banff for 20 years so has heaps of knowledge to pass on to us and even said he will take me out skiing as I fit the same boots as him!! he has about 10 pairs of skis and boots its crazy.

So we got very lucky in that stance as we found a place two blocks from town and at a very reasonable price. Everybody we have talked to said we were one of the lucky ones.

So at the end of our stay in the hotel we moved into this place. We have been here two nights now and loving it so far.

I have just managed to secure a job at Mt Norquay which is only a 5min drive from my house. I start this Sat and hopefully Heather will be getting a job very soon she has some interviews coming up and is waiting to here back about another.

That is us soo far ill try keep it updated a bit more that that.

Today is Thursday 11th November.

I have just started this blog and we are about to head to town so I can get a new jersey as mine has broken. Heather has a job interview at 4.30pm and I will just check out the shops and chill start preparing for my first day on Saturday. its now nearly 2pm and its a beautiful day outside blue skies and a balmy -1 degrees that will be the high for the day. Tonight should be interesting as its our friends last night in Banff so we will see where a few drinks take us

Until next time..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb