Banff, Alberta


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
December 24th 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Banff, Alberta, Canada. November/December 2009.
A trip that i will never ever forget. Having never taken an adventure in the snow, my first real time in cold weather (-26c Lake Louise) it was an amazing experience. Even if you aren't into the skiing/snowboarding side of life, there is still plenty to do in a place like Banff. Just kicking back with a coffee as you walk Banff Avenue is a great way to enjoy life. Plenty of gift stores to choose from to pick up a little piece of memorabilia.


There is also the Gondola Ride which opens up to some fantastic views. Then there are the journeys you can take that are around Banff which are spectacular driving. Lake Louise is definitely a must see. My gloves that were good enough for Banff Conditions (-15c), my fingers nice and warm, were not good enough for my 150 metre walk from the car park to the lake at Lake Louise. After a little over 5 minutes i could feel my fingers being eaten by the cold. A funny little thrill i had on my journey. Funny how we get thrills from the strangest things.

I do however advise that you undertake a voyage of discovery into these winter wonderlands with a car that has a heater. My adventure to this great part of the world was in a vehicle without such a luxury. Well lets say it had the luxury but not in the front of the car where it was needed most. When the interior of the glass ices up from your breath, you have plenty of time for photo opportunities as someone scrapes the ice off. There is always a silver lining.


I hope to one day venture back into this area in a totally different season, late Spring and summer would be a nice time to visit again just to compare the two seasons. Well for now, happy holidays and be safe.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb