Sulphur Mountain and Hot Springs


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In the GondolaIn the GondolaIn the Gondola

Can you spot Banff Springs hotel?
The minor injuries have been mounting up so my friend and I took a few days off and explored. We went to the Banff natural hot springs one day and then up Sulphur Mountain the next.

The hot springs was basically an outdoor fed swimming pool in my opinion which I think they just add their own Sulphur. Still, its pretty nice relaxing outside in a hot pool surrounded by beauties watching the clouds and snow capped mountains.

Sulphur mountain is by no means the biggest mountain in the Rockies but the views up there are fantastic. You can climb it but I'm saving that for May when its warmer so we took the tourist Gondola. There is one particular view of Lake Minnewanka that I fell in love with. Wherever you looked on top of the observatory there was a view that took your breath away. I have seen a lot of mountains but nothing where tall trees are seen between the valleys for as far as you can see. The surrounding mountains in every direction had its own huge distinct rugged snowy terrain. We were outside for hours and came down at closing time despite freezing our nuts off in the cold wind and a storm coming in.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

In the GondolaIn the Gondola
In the Gondola

Can you spot Banff Springs hotel?


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb