Weeks Two and Three


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey

We have had two weeks of full instcution, which have been awsome fun, and we are already starting to see imporvement in our Skiing! After having French Patrick for thursday and Firday in our first week, we had Dave Frik (aka Dave the Rave) for our first full week of instruction, where the focus was mostly on our own Skiing. This consited of alot of mogul work, as Dave's view is that a true Skier's skill is shown in the harder terrain. Dave is a Level 4 instuctor and is unbelieveable on his Skis, just don't let him bully you into buying the whole Nordica Ski range (only kidding Dave!).

For our second week we had Pat Cote (aka Pat the Predator), the focus on this week was also to improve on our Skiing, as well as start learning how to teach. It was a hard week, but we have all taught lessons to each other during the week and are beggining to learn how to instruct.

The awsome thing about Base Camp is that, compared to some other companies which don't get this, we get special days on fridays, where we will either have Race Training or Freeride/Park/Powder Training. Both these days have been awsome fun and both the instructors are really good. Aussie Matt is the Freeride instructor and Jimmy the Race Instructor.

During the week, the nights are either spent watching DVDs on the DVD player we brought or enjoying the Banff night life and meeting the local girls. We have had a couple of outings as well, which included a visit to a Hot springs, which was awsome, as well as Bingo night, where the beer is so cheap!

The week after next is our Level 1 exam, so this week will probably be spent getting us up to speed. Its been a great experience so far.

Cheers

Ben

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb