What's wrong with eating yellow snow?


Advertisement
Published: November 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Needless to say heads were sore after our big night out in Banff, Ricks decidely so. Scott pushed through it and went out for a second day on the slopes. Tina, Nic, Rick and I decided to go and have a look at Lake Louise. I'd seen it in the summer months, so wanted to see the transformation, they usually have ice sculptures on it and all. As we drove out though the worst snow storm I have ever seen swept into the valley, making visibility terrible. We would have seen barely a few feet in front of us so went for plan B a walk at Johnston Canyon. As we drove towards it I was interested to see bridges over the road that seemed to go to nowhere. As it turns out they are for the animals. The whole highway is fenced off and if the animals need to get to the other side they can take these bridges rather than risk dicing with the traffic. A pretty great idea for both the animals and the drivers.

It was still snowing heavily when we arrived to the canyon, but we thought what the heck and headed off into the wilderness. Rick, I think was regretting the decision to join us. The walk is beautiful though, so that soon took our attention. The water under the ice is amazing colours, and had we had snow shoes we could have walked to the ink pots which are different coloured watering holes. That was another 5 km's away so thank god we didn't have any. Instead we finished our walk and chowed down on the freshly fallen snow, delicious. Our good deed for the day was helping a couple push their car out of snow, god knows what they would have done without us.

Tina and Scott's friends Matt and Julie lived close by so we would quite often visit them and be feed like kings. Matt and Scott are both amazing cooks so I think they always try and one-up each other. It works for me! In return for these brilliant meals we babysited for them. They had a little daughter named Grace and a pug dog called Winston. Grace was cute, but Winston cracked me up, he was a rotund little black thing that took about 10 attempts every time he tried to get onto the couch. I think I might be a dog person, as opposed to a cat or baby person.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd April 2011
Johnston Canyon - Eating snow

Worst idea ever
Thats the worst Idea ever.. You're never supposed to eat snow to hydrate yourself..

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 27; qc: 121; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb