DAY 12, Wednesday, November 14, 2012: Bermuda


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda » Hamilton
November 14th 2012
Published: November 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Bermuda with overcast skies and showers. Got off the ship and purchased bus/ferry day passes and glass bottom boat tickets. Took the ferry from West End to Hamilton where it was raining more. Thought we’d take a horse & buggy ride, but guess they don’t like the rain as none could be found. Then we did a little shopping with Judy being the quantity winner. Proceeded to walk to the bus station where we took a bus back along the scenic route of Horseshoe Bay. We got off at the Old Naval Station and checked out a shop there and then crossed over to where we waited for the glass bottom boat. Went to the lower deck and the guides came and told us the sun was out and they had dried off the seats so we went up for the island tour and enjoy a little sun – 1stin several days. Once we got out to the coral reefs we went back downstairs and looked at the coral and other sea life. Then we were all served Rum Swizzles. YUM!! They were so good I had 3 or 4 cups. Dark & light rum, pineapple juice, grenadine and bitters. Back to shore and to the ship where we played cards until time to cleanup for dinner.

Went to the Crown Grill, a specialty restaurant, and had black (Jack Daniels) & blue (blue cheese and other types of cheese) onion soup, which is delicious. Filet mignon, mashed red potatoes, corn and ended with a dessert sampler. Great meal. Came back and watched a little TV and fell asleep. 2 sea days left and then dock in Fort Lauderdale. It’s almost over <a name="OLE_LINK5"></a><a name="OLE_LINK4"></a>:>( :>( :>( :>( :>(

Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb