RIHLA 19


Advertisement
Middle East
February 18th 2012
Published: February 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools? Some of the reason that the books arre banned in highschool are because the books have some sexual content, some soft-pornography, glorifies drinking cursing,premarital sex, it caused kids to actually think more sexual things, and discription of volience.
• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain. I honestly do disagree with the type of reason as to why they are banning books for highscool students. This is the real world and things happen everyday. No one is going to tell it to them so why not read it in the book. As a highschool student reading any type of book is very educational because its something that you have learned. You either learned a person's histroy, who that person was, things that the author may wanted to understand, point of view or the purpose, you now know these things.
• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why? Students should be able to read anything they want because the novel basically gives them the knowledge and decision to do anything they want or know the consequences of doing things. All book are very educational.
• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach? I honestly think the principals of the school and the articles that say bad things about the books that the students are reading pressure the teachers who are actually trying to teach students about certain books.
• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so. They could get a bunch of highschool students that want to read these type of books to prtest also why the censorship should not ban these certain type of books.
• Any other additional thoughts or comments? No books should be banned from the librarys for highschool students.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.421s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb