At Sea - Arabian Sea - Indian Ocean


Advertisement
Middle East
December 7th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Slept in late this morning, because we pushed the clocks forward another hour last night. We just made it up to Horizons Lounge in time for continental breakfast and those delicious flaky croissants. We were surprised to see about 50 small wooden row boats with outbound motors, racing up along our starboard side. Some of them were fishing and pulling in nets, while others were just having fun trying to keep pace with our ship. Some passengers were a bit panicked, thinking they were pirates, since we were so close to the area where the Seabourn was attacked last year. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirate’s life for me !! We left them quickly behind and I ventured out to the walking track and managed to log in 4 nautical miles in about 1 hour. A quiet lunch of a slice of pizza with tuna (different but tasty) on the aft terrace was a nice way to cool down.

I stopped at Horizons to chat with Rowena from Manila and Ganna from Ukraine, our favorite bartender and bar server. We chatted about their home and families and shipboard life. There are very few folks on this cruise that order drinks,
LibraryLibraryLibrary

An intimate place to read a book from Oceania's great library collection or play a game of backgammon
so business has been excrutiatingly slow for them, which unfortunately affects their pay scale since most of their salary comes from tips and commission on drinks sold.

A short rest on my verandah to catch up on my journal writing, followed by a refreshing dip in the 85 degree F pool. The sun’s warmth felt heavenly.

A quick stop at high tea for an Aspen coffee made with Bailey’s, Kahlua, Frangelico, and cream helped wash down a scrumptious piece of Belgian dark chocolate cheesecake. Team trivia followed where today our team finished in 4th place aka 1st place Losers !!

J.R. Lustig, the assistant cruise director, put on a great Broadway show tune review for pre-dinner theatre. We eyed a casual al fresco dinner tonight at Tapas on the Terrace. I had a delicious seared tuna loin with fresh hand rolled sushi and some Bolognese from the pasta bar. No dessert for me tonight, since I’m still recovering from that tea time chocolate cheesecake.

The headliner show was a comic magician named Rory Johnston and Murphy the Wonder Dog from Las Vegas, NV. The dog was actually his wife dressed in an English Sheepdog fit. He did closeup magic with the help of videocams. He was funny with O.K. magic. Best trick he did was the “ring” trick, using bangle bracelets from 3 different cruise passengers.

Then it was a late night intimate cabaret singing show with the ship’s social hostess, Emily Garth, from Sydney, Australia. It was a nice finish to a relaxing day at sea.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.458s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb