Day 11 - Day with John & Michal Bostock


Advertisement
Middle East
April 20th 2018
Published: April 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Leisurely wake up today as my old University friend John Bostock and his wife Michal were due to pick us up at 10am. They were right on time and it was so nice to see Michal again after a 10 year gap. John we saw regularly over the years because he went back to Australia to visit his parents but his mother passed away a couple of years ago hence we hadn’t seen John for about 2 years as well.

First stop was to the Mechane Yehuda markets which is where the locals shop, although there plenty of tourists around (including us) as well. We had coffee and looked around but only bought some dried fruit for snacking on our tour. It was very expensive though and in hindsight we shouldn’t have bought it. We also went into a shopping centre that was very quiet but had a sustainable products display and art workshops on the rooftop. It turned out they also had a young jazz band playing and they were very good, so John and I enjoyed sitting down and listening to them while the wives looked around.

They then took us to a very popular restaurant called Azura and we had to line up to get a table. Food was very good but we had to be careful not to eat too much because John and Michal had booked a nice restaurant for tonight.

After that we went on a tour of the city and walked a bit before driving out to an area called Ein Karem which has an abundance of churches and monasteries and beautiful gardens. We walked around the area , had coffee and then went to one of Michal’s favourite restaurants, Karma. John and I shared the seafood casserole for 2 and the wives shared a haloumi salad and red capsicum and garlic focaccia. It was all very yummy.

We left at 8:30pm for the drive back to our hotel and said our farewells until we meet again at the end of our tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb