Salalah ,oman


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Sharjah
September 4th 2011
Published: September 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello to All,

This Blog is about our trip to Sharjah – Salalah.

We two families (4 adults, 2 kids) started our journey from Sharjah to Salalah on 28th August 2011 08:00 pm; we reached 10:00 pm at Al Ain. We had dinner there and resumed our journey towards the United Arab Emirates border “MAZYAD” (MAZYAD border is the best & easiest way to exit from UAE to SALALAH)

We have to stop on UAE Border post for immigration procedure. Immigration authorities have to verify our passport and they have to put the “Exit Stamp” on our passport. (Please make sure, passport and visa must have a minimum validity of six months on the date of travelling). Once you finish the UAE Immigration procedures, we have to proceed to Oman Border Check post for immigration process. There is parking facilities available inside Oman Immigration premises. Ones you park the vehicle you have to enter the Oman Immigration building for entry formalities. There are application forms available on the counter for getting a Visa. (Please make sure, your designation mentioned in the Visa page is permit able to enter Oman. Certain categories are not allowed to get inside Oman via road; on such case, it is advisable that we obtain a valid visa from the Oman consulate/embassy, either from Dubai or Abu Dhabi prior to Departure from UAE)

Ones you finish the visa/entry procedures in Oman border, immigration authorities will give a small slip which mention the number of persons travelling inside a car (if there are 6 persons inside a car, they will mention ‘6’on the slip. then please proceed to the Oman customs gate (there may be a chance for customs inspection) then go ahead to the last check point where you need to show the slip which you get from Oman Immigration. That’s the last procedure.

The date we travelled, the road was two tracks (one way) and there were no lights till the next city. The next main city is called IBRI. On your left side we can see the “Ibri Hospital” as a major land mark, and there is an “Oman Oil Petrol Bunk” too. Go ahead and cross the and you will see an alternate route to salalah.

The actual route, you have to cross Ibri City and reach the next major city called “NIZWA” the road from Ibri reach into the main round about that’s Nizwa, from Nizwa main round about, the left side road leads to Muscat, and the right side road leads to Salalah. *Not to worry, there are always directions and kilometres board throughout the roads and it assure your directions are correct.

However, through Nizwa (the actual route) or the alternate route leads us to reach the place “Qarat Al Milh” and there only one single road till Salalah, as I said before, there are always directions and kilometres board till you reach salalalh. *Anyway, just for your information please note the route too (In fact we went through the actual route to avoid risks) even the actual and alternate route has lot of ‘wadi’ if there is a rain, the wadi may be flooded and it may cause the delay of our journey. (Decision upon you).

“It is not at all necessary that you have to travel on a 4 x 4 vehicle, but of course for a comfortable journey, it is well advisable”. Even we went on a Honda Accord 2010 model and it was pretty enough to carry our belongings. In fact when we reached Salalah, we noticed that there are too many people who came on their small cars.










Please see the route below from Sharjah.

SHARJAH>ALAIN (160 Kms / 2 hours / 100-120 Km/h average / 120-140 allowed)
ALAIN>MAZYAD (26 Kms / 45 minutes / 80 Km/h average / 80 Km/h is max speed allowed)
MAZYAD>IBRI (125 Kms / 1 hour 10 minutes / 100-120 kms average / 120 km/h is max speed allowed)
IBRI>NIZWA (144 Kms / 1 Hour 30 minutes / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h is max speed allowed)
NIZWA>ADAM (59 Kms / 45 minutes / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h is max speed allowed)
ADAM>HYMA (312 Kms / 3 hours 15 minuts / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h max speed allowed)
**ADAM To HYMA, 312 Kms, No petrol pumps available as on the date 01 Sept 2011**
HYMA>MUQSHIN (167 Kms 1 Hour 35 minutes / 120-140 / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h max speed allowed)
MUQSHIN>QATBIT (63 Kms 40 minutes / 120-140 / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h max speed allowed)
QATBIT>TUMRYAT (105 kms 1 hour 45 minutes / 120-140 / 120-140 kms average / 120 km/h max speed allowed)
TUMRYAT>SALALAH BORDER (38 kms 25 minutes 100-120 kms average / 120 km/h max speed allowed)
SALALAH BORDER>SALALAH CITY 48 kms 45 minuts 60-80 kms average / 40-80 km/h max speed allowed.
**SALALAH BORDER To SALALAH CITY, it is not advisable to drive fast since the roads have lot of curves and sharp turns. Drive Safely

Enjoy Salalah, Have Fun





Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb