Canoeing in Khor Kalba


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first big trip out of Dubai!!

It was very exciting for us, although we had to take the yaris as we hadn't bought a car yet. The yaris was a little scary on the open road, especially with Jeremy hoofing it at speeds of around 130km. Even at that speed we still had other cars barrelling past us at great speed.

Our trip for the day was to another emirate to go canoeing in Khor Kalba. We met the guide at about 10:30am and then went canoeing for 2 hours through the mangrove lagoons. It was really lovely. The most astounding thing were the numbers of sea turtles that we saw. There we literally hundreds of them. We could see a turtle head pop up for air every minute of so. They were just gorgeous. Unfortunately because they breathe so quickly I couldn't get any of them on film for you to see as well. So you will just have to take my word that they were gorgeous.

The down side of the trip was that it was hot. Really hot, thermonuclear blast hot. We nearly died of the heat. We had to stop for a swim every ten minutes or so, which was lovely, but as soon as you got out of the water again it was like stepping back into the oven.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

David and AdelDavid and Adel
David and Adel

Our canoeing partners in crime (David works with me at T&T)
Jeremy Jeremy
Jeremy

Taking a refreshing dip in the sea


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb