Our personal thoughts on Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 20th 2015
Published: October 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

When we started planning this trip, we were not aware how much there was to do in Dubai, both culturally and touristic. Because of this, we did not allow many days here and consequently, did not get to see everything that we wanted to. This is definitely a place we will be returning to.

Dubai is a city of two halves. One half, nearer to the airport, is more local with the cheaper hotels and the souks. The other half, nearer to the marina is more touristic and business orientated. Both halves are nice and have their own attraction and characters.

Dubai does not have to be expensive. If you venture away from the big hotels you can find some vey reasonably priced shops and restaurants.

The Entertainer book helped us greatly whilst we were in Dubai. We could have saved a lot more with this. We are sure we will save more using the Entertainer on our next visit, now that we understand a lot more about how it works.

Whilst in Dubai we took part on two of their Friday Brunches. They were both very different but truly amazing. The food at both was great and varied with lots of everything. It was like food heaven.

Dubai was a real eye opener for us with regards to the people. We, unfortunately, had set views of what we thought the people from here would be like. This view has been completely changed for the better. Underneath their traditional clothes they are just like the rest of us.



We shall definitely be returning to Dubai in the not too distant future.

Advertisement



24th October 2015

:)
I'm glad your visit challenged your views. :) I'm newly moved here, and still have so much to learn.

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb