Dubai (2)


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
February 3rd 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Mumbai this morning after a slight altercation with the Indian Police who refused to allow us to enter the airport because we didn't have a paper ticket. We have no tickets it's all been via our passports..,which the Police took off me! Eventually a more senior Policeman took the passports and led us to the Emirates desk to see the list of people they were holding but that was a list of people who had checkedin on line. It took a few minutes for the Emirates staff to explain we just needed to go through to check in (obviously my explanation of the same thing was found wanting!) I think its because in India everything is so paper based. When Brian bought underwear in Marks and Spencer he paid with a card, entered the pin and then had to sign as well...then the assistant said keep your receipt for security. Before we could leave the shop a security guard re checked the receipt.....and today we had so many checks we lost count. But we finally got to a calm (and clean) Dubai. We are staying in a serviced apartment block this time in the Marina near Jemeira Beach so after doing some clothes washing in the apartment'sm wandered about the waterfront this afternoon and have just been back to sit and watch the very expensive boats whilst we had dinner outside in a garden cafe. Tomorrow we plan to go to the beach and have a more restful day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.565s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb