And we are done!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 25th 2014
Published: August 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Burj KhalifaBurj KhalifaBurj Khalifa

Tallest man made structure in the world
There isn't anymore......Eight weeks ago we left cold Canberra for a European summer holiday and what an adventure we've had! We have been a guest in 12 countries, enjoyed their food, wine, beer and embraced their culture. Along the way we have met up with friends and we have met and made new friends also. George drove Pablo over 5,000 kilometres and we walked over 500 kilometres! We are all a little tired and ready to go home.

The past few days have been spent relaxing in Dubai. Even though the temperature has been over 40 degrees each day it hasn't bothered us at all, I think that is because the last part of our holiday was in Greece and Turkey where it was very hot!

Dubai is an incredible place, a huge city built in the desert, sand everywhere and it's hot right now as it's mid-summer, but the shopping is great! The Dubai mall has an ice skating rink, and massive aquarium where you can go diving with the sharks, there are shops and more shops, all the big names like Bloomingdales, Galleries Lafayette, it's easy to get lost in their for days.

The view from our hotel room was of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, 829.8 metres high, 163 floors, you could just sit and stare at the view for hours. You need to book to go up to the viewing platform - 452 metres up, and that's how we spent our final day of holidays.

Right now I have a plane to catch and some very special people to get home too! I cannot wait!

Ciao!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Shark!Shark!
Shark!

Aquarium - Mall of Dubai
Ice skating rinkIce skating rink
Ice skating rink

Mall of Dubai
Full scale dinosaurFull scale dinosaur
Full scale dinosaur

Mall of Dubai
Fountain showFountain show
Fountain show

Mall of Dubai


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb