Day 2 - Beach and Bling in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 31st 2014
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful day in Dubai with 30 C temps and the warmest wind you will come across.

The day was planned as a chill out ready for the next phase of the trip.

After a leisurely breakfast we headed to the pool / beach for a relaxing few hours interspersed with the usual jogs, frisbee and swims. Another recent development is the kids announcing that they are off to the gym for a workout!!!

As usual we were last out of the pool in the evening and then it was a rapid turnaround before heading into town for supper.

We were picked up by Tim Bingham an old Air BP colleague of mine to go downtown to the Burj Khalifa area. There we met with his wife Norma for an amazing meal.

This was Michele, Alex and Izzi's first trip downtown and so I think they were blown away by all of the sights. The Burj Khalifa (the worlds highest building) is just amazing and does not look real. The Dubai shooping Mall was another highlight with the centre piece of a 3 storey aquarium which was awesome.

Highlight of the evening was the dancing fountain display in front of the Burj which is incredibly spectacular and dances to different music every 30 mins. We were eating at a restaurant overlooking the lake and so had a great view of the performance.

I had promised Alex some spectacular cars and Dubai did not disappoint with a gold Bentley, a sliver plated Rolls Royce and a black Lambo....so the boy was in heaven.

All in all a brilliant night topped off with a boat trip around the lake to watch the final fountain performance at eye level. Got home much later than we planned given the early start but well worth it for the experience.

Overall the family loved Dubai and are keen to spend some more time here, so am sure we will be back soon (apart from 2 weeks time of course)

Special note for Mum Coleman: Alex bought himself his first "real" camera just before we went away, with a combination of birthday money and also his gift from Aunty Edna which he wanted to get as a lasting memory of her. So most of the photos you will see so far are taken by Alex and Iz on the new camera and mine has not been out of its case yet!

Enough for now, as we get ready for the big one!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb