Ski dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 5th 2012
Published: October 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

You may be dubious but just go with it. Ski Dubai is a little snow world that offers a temporary distraction from the heat and is just another activity you can do in this amazing country. The people who work there are friendly, informative and have all of the right answers when you're not sure which way to go. It is situated in the Mall of The Emirates ( not the Dubai Mall) We chose just a park entry with the chance to upgrade if we decided to, once we saw what it was all about.

We didn't expect to have so much fun!!

The park entry entitles you to tobogganing, tyre spinning, playing in soft powdered snow, the zorb(get in a huge plastic ball and roll down the mountain) no thanks after the desert safari, a standing lift to take you to the top for these activities and a penguin show. We really did not need to ski but if you want to there is an authentic chairlift to take you to the highest point.

Well the penguins turned out to be emperor penguins and they were majestic! So big and commanding.

As if it wasn't
enough to be so close to them with a small barricade, I answered a question about saving the penguins and got a personal invite to come up and sit with them and have a pat!!! VERY SPECIAL.

Hint- always respond to questions in a live show!

The price included ski suit, locker, socks ( you have to buy your own gloves or bring some and the socks weren't warm enough and by 2 hours our toes were freezing up so bring these too) and unlimited time.

But 2 hourscwas was enough For us.

If you are a skier (and I used to be) then you will know all the rigmarole associated with skiing- this was easy, instant and a novel half day out without all he fuss. It doesnt pretend to be anything than it is .The kids loved it and despite a Facebook comment, was far from 'creepy'.

It was simply fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement







Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb