Bastikiya Details


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 9th 2012
Published: April 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Adding on from my previous blog on Al Bastikiya, here are some more photos of the beautiful Bastikiya in Bur Dubai... I love photographing this area, and so I have many photos to share!... the photos tell the story....

We have been in Dubai about 5 months now, and are feeling more settled in this city of contrasts, the area we live in is based on the architecture you see in Al Bastikiya... our area is called 'Old Town', and although new, it has a similar style of building with lane ways etc.. not quiet as gorgeous as Bastikiya but similar...more on that later...

The weather has been gorgeous the past 5 months to our surprise and relief! Our years of living in Abu Dhabi are filled with memories of extreme heat! I don't know whether Dubai is possibly not as hot as Abu Dhabi, or that we are just having unusually milder weather... that means winter here was a pleasant 18- 25 degrees... then slowly up to high 20's in the past month, and now creeping up to the low to mid 30s with an odd 40 day.... so that is pretty liveable...( apart form the sandstorms we have had)

The fact that we could easily walk around and explore things in the past few months made such a difference, and the daily living routine was not so dictated by extreme heat.. But it will come...we have already had hints of the hotter weather heading our way, where you have to try & find the shady side of the street to walk in, always carry water & hat, & don't go out in the middle of the day if you can avoid it. But I hope we have a bit more of this civilized weather before the 40-50 degrees days start!


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb