DUBAI


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 9th 2011
Published: October 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got into Dubai at 6am on Satruday morning. Dani and Trav picked us up and after a drive about went back to their apartment to watch of course the rugby! Dani and I went down to the pool to sunbath and catch up. Then we went to the Atlantis Hotel (the famous one on The Palms). Then to the Verge (the worlds tallest building) but it was booked out so are going there another day. Then we had dinner on the lake front at this amazing Lebonese resteraunt right in front of the fountain display that they have at nights. They play music and the water display is like it is dancing in time to the tune. The song changes each time - it is amazing and moving. Dani and Trav said last time they saw it they nearly cried. You could just stay and watch all night. We tried to get a drink in the afternoon, but there is no alcohol between 4-6pm so poor Ben was totally hanging out by then! Today there has been two more games of rugby (the quarter finals) and now we are off to the souqs and the poor side of town for dinner at Ravis (world famous!). There is no crime or graffiti or rubbish in Dubai - if you do anything wrong it is straight to jail. So good to see Dani and Trav, and they are the perfect hosts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb