Emirates and the Atlantis


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 24th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was our first time flying Emirates and we had only heard good things so our expectations were high. We were not disappointed! The service was impeccable and the food was lovely. We were surprised to see they gave us real knives and forks, every other airline we have been on have only given us plastic utensils.
So we departed at 6am, and spent 11 hours watching family guy and various movies. When we touched down in Dubai, we made our way through the airport and out through customs into the warm United Arab Emirates afternoon sun. We jumped in a cab, and within 30 minutes we arrived at the coolest hotel we have ever stayed in. The Atlantis Hotel! With 7 AWESOME water slides and a torrent pool that went for kilometers, Luke and I were easily entertained for the entire afternoon. And after a hard day of fun in the sun and pool, of course we had a burger and fries at a nice little beach bar that looks over the beach and the 'palm'. Then we jumped on the back of a golf buggy and did a short trip around the hotel. We were conveniently dropped off right outside a bar on the beach where we lay around on cabanas and drank martini's while we watched the sun go down over Dubai. Bliss!
The next day we made our way back to the airport nice and early and boarded the flight for the next leg of our journey. This time we made the most of the free alcohol and had ourselves a little private party on the way to London. Not always the best idea when trying to adapt to a new time zone, but we managed.
If you ever want to stay at the Atlantis, we would highly recommend it. However, pretty much everything you touch costs extra, so hold on to your receipts and check what you are being charged for along the way. We will definitely be going back as soon as we can afford to!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb