26 05 2010


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 30th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

26 05 2010

Well the last full day of holiday before we return home at silly o’clock tomorrow morning.

Unsurprisingly we woke up to another sunny day about 38 degrees but forecast for 48 by the weekend, maybe it is time to escape back home.

We caught the double decker bus to have a tour along the sea front and ended up at the amazing palm resort which is all man made. The huge hotel/resort Atlantic Palm which has 17 restaurants and is a mini city in itself was spectacular.

By the end of the tour we were full of facts and figures about how many 5 6 and 7 star hotels are there or being built we lost count. I wonder who is going to stay in these?

We finished up at the Dubai Mall which was refreshingly cool for some last minute shopping and then back to the hotel for packing and at 1600hours we were off on our “Arabian Adventure”. This was a trip out to the desert and an evening of fun. We were joined by 2 German girls who were also on holiday and meant I had 3 ladies for company.

The vehicle was a 5.2 litre Chrysler which had a 4 wheel drive capability.

Once off road the tyres were partially deflated and we began. It was great fun powering up the sand dunes and then tilting at the top before crashing back down again. We stopped off to take photos of the setting sun and found out how difficult it is to walk up these dunes. One step forward and it slides back down again meaning you have hardly moved.

The cars all met up at an encampment in the desert which had a stage for the belly dancer. We got drinks, food, and you could go on a camel ride. Wendy hot a henna hand scroll done. There were also more shasha/hookah/hubba bubba pipes to try.

It was dark now and the music was playing and a good atmosphere. The belly dancer came on and was amazing how she could flex and dance. Before I knew it she chose 2 men to join her on the dance area. Luckily I was one of them. We tried to follow her but were nowhere near as good. Next thing others had joined us and we all danced away.

We had 1 puff on the shasha pipes but it was too strong so that is now the end of that.

Great way to end the holiday though.

Before we knew it was time to go and we went back to our hotel.

Bed at 2330 with an early alarm for 0445 hours, ouch.

Wendy and Phil partying to the last.

XXXX



Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb