Still in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 4th 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So picking up where I last left off:

That afternoon we went for a quick swim and out to the Marina for dinner at a nice italian restaurant. The Marina, like all other places in Dubai was really pretty. It kinda reminded me of Brisbane, where you have a wharf with the backdrop of city skyscrapers, but obviously a tad more extravegant. After dinner we went to another place on the Marina and had a strawberry shiesha... an interesting experience to say the least!!! It was strange to be at a place where they serve food and you can order tobacco products off the menu, and smoke inside!!! At first i felt rather odd doing it but got the hang of it pretty quickly... but it lasts for ages!!! far too much tobacco for me to consume!!! Afterwards we headed home (and passed a fountain with young kids swimming in it!!! - see photos) and to bed - wat a big day!!!

The next day (yesterday) we headed out to Brunch (really lunch but called brunch) at the Jemirah Beach Hotel... apparently its the 'wave to the sail' (the sail being the 6 star hotel). the only words that can describe lunch are: OH MY GOD!!!!!! they took us for a 'tour' of the food before showing us to our table!!! they had 15-20 different 'stations' which all served different food - and all the food tasted incredible and OH MY GOD!!!! My only regret was not taking photos of it all - but i was way too busy eating and drinking... oh did i mention it was all you could drink alcohol - including french champange, cocktails etc!!! And (Brielle/aurysia - u girls may not want to read the next part as you may fall off your chairs...) The had a 'dessert station' complete with a flowing CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN and about 50 different types of dessert: souffles, creme brulle, tirimisu, a variety of ice creams, tarts, cakes, proffiteroles, doughnuts (choc alcohol filled)... hmmm what else... im forgetting lots... but i think you get the point!!! When i saw the desserts i was shitty at myself for filling up on the 'real food'... although u always have a seperate dessert stomach to fill so i made space!!! 😊 I did take a couple of photos at the table... including one of my desserts (well - that was only half of the desserts i ate... see facebook!!!)
After brunch we headed to a bar at the Madinat (another hotel/shopping etc complex which Dubai seems to be full of - that i went to for lunch the other day - i think dubai is full of these complexes because the liqour licencing rules state that you can only serve alcohol if linked with a hotel - silly really!!!) Anyway - we spent the rest of the evening drinking more cocktails and meeting "interesting" people (another story not worth putting here). After almost 12hrs of drinking I could do no more and we headed home to bed.

Which brings me to today - I just woke up and not feeling too bad really - but my theory is that its so hot here you almost drink one water for every 2 alcohols so maybe thats why im not hungover... either that or the pizza and water i consumed before bed... either way... lol

The plan for today is to go on a "desert safari" which i organised back home. They pick you up from your hotel, take you out into the desert, to the top of the highest sand dune to watch the sunset (romantical!), then to a traditional bedoin camp for camel rides, dinner, 'entertainment' (belly dancers etc)... so im looking forward to an interesting experience!!! 😊 I'll try to remember to take lots of photos!!! 😊

Marls
xoxoxoxo


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb