Arrival in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Farewell committeeFarewell committeeFarewell committee

Wearing appropriate dress!
The taxi arrived, and we piled all the luggage in. Our neighbours came out to wave us off. They were wearing particularly appropriate outfits.

We arrived at Birmingham Airport, in plenty of time. We checked in our cases and went for a meal at Frankie and Bennies. Then through security where we had to unpack all our liquids and the laptop and all the other things they make you do these days.

The flight was a long seven hours without much sleep. We arrived in Dubai where it is extremely hot 36C, and it is only 7:00 in the morning. Goodness knows how hot it will get later. (We found out on the forecast - it will be 43!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Travellers at the airportTravellers at the airport
Travellers at the airport

Getting ready to go


1st July 2009

Missing you
We thought it was hot hear. New school rule - No hat, no break. Mr Heard asked if Catherine will be at the parents' meeting tonight! Let us know when you arrive in Australia. Missing you. Class 5.
2nd July 2009

To Class 5
We are definitely here in Sydney although all in a muddle with jet lag! We have just walked round the outside of the Opera house in the dark. I think you have just had lunch?! Seems really strange to finally be here. Rachel.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb