Dubai Zoo


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 8th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Though the pics have a happy spin don't let the humour fool you. These animals live in the shittiest of places on our planet. It stinks, boiling heat from the tin roofs and noise from Jumeirah road. And the cages are ultra small. Imagine if u were put in a room with no bathroom and made to live there for the rest of your life. That's what these poor things go through. I hate this place!!

And I am glad they dropped the plan to bring in Dolphins here. I imagine they would keep 'em in the overhead tank!!!

Still feel really sorry for the Lions though. They were some seven foot odd magnificient things, locked up in a cell with sun scorching the floor and the constant trafiic right next to their enclosure make them permanently scared. As compared to their lives on plains of Africa, I can grant the heat being same but how can you ever replace the vast expanse of space they freely roam about?? In the twenty by twenty cage the mesh was so thick I couldn't even take a decent photo.

If they can do this a lion think about the smaller animals. They should charge a little more than 2 Dirhams and maybe use it for the welfare of these slowly dying animals. Go there to beleive it, and yes carry a industrial gas mask to stay concious for more than thirty minutes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



7th July 2009

fantastik job by dubai zoo
we are happy about the zoo is not a easy job uae govt they doign sam of very wall job like zoo , park, baches,we love zoo because fast afoll very need an clain send all world animal with a one park tank 2 u
13th September 2009

Disgusting Dubai Zoo
I cannot believe the disgrace of which is Dubai Zoo, it makes me sick to my stomach how the animals are being treated. In the Scortching heat with no water and a concrete slab as a cage, this is no life for any animal. I am completly appauled, i thought Dubai was 'supposed' to be the up and coming extravagent of the UAE, but yet i am disgusted that the way the Country has sat back and enjoyed the ZOO. The animals should not be there and the Zoo should be closed down. Not only the conditions of the zoo are shocking so are the staff, granted they have to earn a living, but this is no way! it is cruelty to animals! The poor faces of the Huge sad geurilla's trapped in a thick small metal cage!! and the stench of the zoo is unbearable. Do not go here unless you get a kick out of abused animals.
15th September 2009

Disgusting Dubai Zoo
I totally agree with you Sarah but it's a sad reality to live with. This is a city where when people throw kittens and pups out of their cars to watch it get crushed for amusements sake. Tie their pets to lamp posts in deserted areas to die once they lose their cuteness factor. Have their own zoos for novelty with no knowledge of the animals. Ofcourse people get kick out of abused animals, that's why Dubai zoo is here for 30 odd years and counting. I am glad there are cages to protect the animals from the visitors and not the other way around!!
14th November 2009

Horrified
I found this info wen lookin 4 bad zoos. This zoo takes the prize. The livin conditions for this zoo are disgraceful and the zookeepers should be ashamed of themselves
14th December 2009

THE ZOO SUCKS!!
I visited the zoo as a kid in the mid 90's and every animal in that place had gone crazy...pacing back and forth in the cage or sitting in a slump and staring into space....there was a sloth bear in particular whose face I cannot get out of my head (15 years later!!!)..dubai has all the money in the world for a mall every 10miles but they don't believe in controlling the stray population humanely or investing in a proper sanctuary.....i can only hope that the bad karma associated with these inhumane acts comes back to bite somebody in the nether-regions.....
23rd December 2009

SRao: THE ZOO SUCKS!
I agree with you on the biting thing mate. I once saw a Gorilla in Al Ain zoo that still haunts me. It was the saddest creature I have ever seen. The recent PR article from the Zoo says that all the animals have been confiscated and rescued from local population and that why the lack of space!!!! Here is an idea, why not raise some money to send them back to their natural habitat. Instead ask TNT or FEDEX, they would gladly deliver them to whichever country they want for a bit of CSR. Rescued animals. Pah!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb