Scribbles from a very large Ozland


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 30th 2009
Published: April 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

All journeys to somewhere have an origin and a routing before arrival at the destination.A temporary stop in Dubai waiting for the flight to Perth provides a timely opportunity to get this travelblog up and running.Plagiarism is in vogue following the ruling by the NPA when letting JZ slide off the court register(our NPA man copied a Hong Kong ruling almost verbatim in his ruling).So with this in mind you will receive "Scribbles from Ozland" which is borrowing a bit from Bill Bryson("Notes from a Small island).The swine flu story here is BIG and there are a number of people,mainly orientals,wearing masks but I suspect this is probably due to them not enjoying the smell of us westerners.To put the record stratight...we have packed for Perth but will be returning to sunny South Africa.This is not a "look,see,decide" journey.We arrive in Perth at 1am on 1st May which is an odd and I guess inconvenient time of day to arrive anywhere.We will spend the week end in Fremantle to avoid a big,busy city and then make forays into Perth to see family and friends.The really important day is 4th May when we pick up the "camper" and start threading our way west and then north and finding Darwin some 4200km's from Perth.Should be a helluva experience.

Advertisement



2nd May 2009

Hi mom and dad, glad you have arrived safely, and your adventure has begun! Miss you lots and cant wait to keep up with your news. all my love, Jubes xx

Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb