Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dubai: 15th - 20th April 2009



Dubai...what a great way to start our trip! Dubai wasn't a site seeing trip, but more of a time to catch up with family and friends and also recover from the excitement of Bali.

We were graciously hosted by Raghu, Banali, Taanvi and Myra. It was our first time to meet our newest cousin Myra, who is now 20 months old. She was such a delight, and we were able to get kisses and hugs by the end of the trip. We also got to know Taanvi a little better, who at 9 yrs was quite the young hostess, keeping an eye on us when her high powered parents were at work.

We met up with Emma (nee' Gorby), which was great b/c I can't even remember the last time we saw each other. We also met her husband Craig and 2 daughters Sophie and Sasha.

Being such the thrifty and scruffy backpackers that we are, we felt compelled to go to a fashion show while we were in town.

Maybe the trip was a little *too* relaxing given our failure to take many pictures, but we did sleep a lot! I think we took naps almost everyday and slept at least 10 hours a night. Our Dubai trip was felt a lot like going home after university exams.

On to Jordan...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb