Good times in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The BeachThe BeachThe Beach

We spent some time soaking up the sun at our hotel. The Persian Gulf is really warm and had a ton of great seashells.
This past weekend we spent exploring Dubai. We visited the Old Souk and Souk Madinat Jumeirah where we (unsuccessfully) bargained for souvenirs. The shopkeepers were fierce about getting every dirham that they could out of us! Oh well, we still got some good stuff and enjoyed our time there.

The gals and I splurged on lunch in the sky-view bar of the Burj Al-Arab, the seven star hotel in Dubai. We had a great time checking everything out and we could even see the Palm islands that are currently being constructed. The weather was extremely hot and the humidity and dust made the view really hazy so we couldn't see all of it, but the photo gives you an idea of what they look like.

The Mall of the Emirates is home to Ski Dubai - an indoor ski mountain with real snow and ski slopes, lifts, everything! It was great to see the kids all playing in the snow in the middle of the mall while it is over 100 degrees outside.

We also checked out the beach, a bus tour of Dubai and a Dhow cruise...it was a great weekend - good times in Dubai!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Palm Islands - sort of!The Palm Islands - sort of!
The Palm Islands - sort of!

They are really hard to see because of the glare of the glass and the haze...but the Palm Island was really cool to see!
Ski DubaiSki Dubai
Ski Dubai

Picture of the outside of the ski mountain
Skiing...at the mall...in the desert!Skiing...at the mall...in the desert!
Skiing...at the mall...in the desert!

Picture of Ski Dubai from inside the mall.
The Old SoukThe Old Souk
The Old Souk

We went shopping for souvenirs in this area.
Lunch at the Burj Al-ArabLunch at the Burj Al-Arab
Lunch at the Burj Al-Arab

This is me in the sky view bar at lunch!


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb