Dubai World Cup


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 29th 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we went to the Dubai World Cup on the weekend. And it was a complete and utter shambles. The day started to go to pieces when we hit traffic on the way to the races. Last year you were able to be dropped off at your entry gate to the races directly. But no, not this year. This year you had to drive all the way to a distant parking lot and be dropped off and then catch a shuttle bus to the gate.

Well of course there were queues to get onto the shuttle buses. And then the shuttle buses dropped us at the most massive queue to actually get into the event. We couldn't believe how long the queue was. We joined it at 4:00 and didn't get into the races until nearly 6:00pm. There were even people in the queue who were fainting.

By the time we actually made it into the venue any enjoyment that anybody felt at actually being at the races was completely gone.

However on a more positive note you can see from the photos that everybody looked fabulous.

Of course the end of the day was as much of a disaster as the start of the event. Apparently the queues for taxis were about 2000 people long and didn't move for hours.

It is blantantly obvious that Dubai can't organise anything.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb