The Palm


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 13th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was very lucky yesterday and was taken out onto Palm Jumeirah by a colleague in my office who used to work on the Atlantis project. For those who don't know Atlantis is a new 5 star hotel and theme park that is being built on the crescent of the palm. Because it is all still a construction site out there you need to have a special pass to get out there, which luckily Barry still has.

The palm was amazing. It is so big and there is just so much construction going on. Apparently the Atlantis is due to be completed by June next year. However there is no power, water or sewage to the majority of the palm yet (according to Baz) so it is anyones guess if it will actually happen.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The labour shipThe labour ship
The labour ship

1500 labourers are being housed in this ship. Apparently the ship was riddled with asbestos that had to be removed prior to them being allowed on board.
The ZiggaretThe Ziggaret
The Ziggaret

This is part of the theme park and the big steep chute that you can see actually goes through the SHARK tank that is part of the theme park. So you will go whizzing past sharks on the ride.
Part of the hydroslidesPart of the hydroslides
Part of the hydroslides

that come out of the ziggaret


Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb