Hot Air Ballooning


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 24th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The hot air balloonThe hot air balloonThe hot air balloon

at Ibn Battuta Mall
Well today we finally managed to go up in the hot air balloon at Ibn Battuta Mall. You may remember that about a month ago the first attempt ended in tears with the lady telling us that it was too hot to flyy. Well we found out the reason behind that comment (we think). The balloon is helium and if it is too hot outside then the balloon can't rise.

Anyway the view from the balloon was pretty darn cool. We did it at nightime and could see the construction on the palm all lit up. It would be nice to do it again during the day time in the winter and see everything again.

A few other random photos that I have managed to pick up are of the most enormous queue of workers outside one of the official buildings over here. I think it is the immigration building. The queue of workers just seemed to stretch for ever and ever. It alongside the entire length of the building, around the corner, down that side then out around a whole bunch of trees.

We also visited the sales centre of the Burj Dubai area and took at look at the models and some of the show homes in this area. It was pretty neat to see what this place is going to look like when it is finished. It will be amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb