Dubai- The pearl of UAE


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
December 17th 2006
Published: December 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In two weeks I was able to visit most of the popular places in Dubai together with my sister and a friend. I realised that it is definately more fun to be in Dubai with someone else and definately someone who can take you around in Dubai.

Dubai has awesome shopping with malls like Ibin Battuta and Mall of Emirates that have brands from all over the world! Expensive but definately a unique experience.The mall is divided into several styles taken from different countries such as Egypt, Tunisia, Persia, India, & China. Ibin Battuta is the name of a very famous traveler from the Arab region and therefore they intend for the visitor to have a similar experience of traveling from one country to the other.

Dubai Museum is a must visit too! Learn about the cultures in Dubai and how it has developed to what it is now...

Madinat Jumeirah was awesome too somewhere you should go in the morning and evening! - The Arabian Resort of Dubai, is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. An awesome place to chill and sheesha!

One of the largest sacred structures in Dubai, the Jumeirah Mosque is a dominant city landmark. We could'nt enter in as it was closed at that time. Would be a good idea to find out the opening times first!

A visit to Arabia would not be complete without a trip into the ‘desert’. We were intrigued by the giant sand dunes, reached after less than a 30 minute drive from Dubai. The red sand dunes in the northern Emirates (the most dramatic are found on the Dubai to Hatta road) are small compared to those found further south in the Empty Quarter, but are always worth exploring for signs of life. I tried sand boarding too...The sand dune package included a dinner at the camp inclusive of belly dancing!

Just an hour and a half drive from Dubai or Abu Dhabi through rolling sand dunes along a tree-lined freeway takes you to the oasis city of Al Ain (Arabic: 'The Eye').
Al Ain is the UAE's largest inland city, and the second city of the Abu Dhabi Emirate. It is surrounded by magnificent red sand dunes and overlooked by an impressive mountain range. Al Ain is located on the United Arab Emirates eastern
MosqueMosqueMosque

Jumeirah Mosque
border with Oman, and is at a focal point for journeys from all over the region by excellent roads. A holiday destination for the UAE shiekhs for many years, Al Ain enjoys its own microclimate bringing welcome relief from the humidity of the coast.

The oases have brought people to this area for thousands of years, and there is a rich history as evidenced by the many archaeological excavations. There are numerous restored and ruined forts and settlements to be seen throughout the area. Today, the abundance of water from the oases allows the city to bloom in its numerous parks and gardens. It is often known as the 'Garden City of the Gulf' Some of the attractions include an active and thriving Camel Market (not so easy to take one home on the plane though!), ancient forts and even a theme park. No visit would be complete without a trip to the top of Jebel Hafeet mountain, with stunning views across the desert dunes, or relaxing at one of the leavy plantations or parks.

Thirty kilometres south of Al Ain, a small oasis on the Omani border, Jebel Hafeet mountain rises 1200 metres from the desert floor.
Dune BashingDune BashingDune Bashing

Sand Dunes
A four-lane highway leads from the city to the foot of the mountain. There are no rush of tourists, no high and low season and there are no postcard and trinket sellers at the top. Just a huge car park, big enough to land a small plane on. It’s deserted and it’s hot. Very hot.

All in all it was an awesome trip!






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sand BoardingSand Boarding
Sand Boarding

Attempting to Sand Board
Jebel Hafeet mountainJebel Hafeet mountain
Jebel Hafeet mountain

Jebel Hafeet mountain
Camel MarketCamel Market
Camel Market

Camel Market
Camel Camel
Camel

The cutest camel!
Dubai MuseumDubai Museum
Dubai Museum

Dubai Museum Entrance
Belly DancingBelly Dancing
Belly Dancing

Belly Dancing
Camel RidingCamel Riding
Camel Riding

On a camel!
The BurjThe Burj
The Burj

Looks like a spaceship!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb