Modern Landscapes and Oil Wealth Are Not The Sole Envy Of Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 25th 2018
Published: May 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The oil boom in Dubai not only brought with it wealth, but also traditional culinary changes. Before this, most Emirati dishes, especially those featuring poultry, were often made using indigenous birds. Yes, there was a time when birds like the houbara bustard were delights on a plate. Camel meat, on the other hand, was reserved for influential local figures' weddings or special occasions, in general.

Dubai holds many rare and uncommon gems that are readily available to be experienced. When it comes to sampling the flavors of the city, any wise traveler knows that the proof lies in the tasting. The draw lies in the experience and recommendations of other explorers.

Dubai Coffee Museum

Hidden in the Al Fahidi district is the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) first coffee museum of its kind. The museum was opened in September 2014 in a two-story house in this historic neighborhood. The traditionally decorated museum documents the history of coffee from across the world and specifically Dubai. It has roasting and brewing demonstrations and also has a coffee lounge where you can experience the local coffees of the city.

Spice Souk



Although this attraction is quite widely known, it is not to be underestimated. The Spice Souk, or market, is located in Al Ras and consists of endless spice stalls. It sources many of Dubai’s favorite culinary flavors and signature dishes, as it provides spices from all over the Middle East to individuals and enterprises in the city. The spices are the main appeal for this Souk, but you will also find vendors selling coffee, incense, and shisha, making it an aromatic sensory experience. Spice is undoubtedly a big part of life in Dubai, with restaurants across the city offering delicious Indian dishes to eat in or take away. It's no surprise that this market is popular.

TWG Tea Room



Located in the Dubai Mall is the boutique TWG tea room. TWG, or The Wellbeing Group, a luxury tea brand which started in Singapore in 2008. This global tea company houses a range of over 450 different teas which are available to taste at any of their stores worldwide. The artist collection of teas includes haute couture teas, loose teas, bagged teas, grand fine harvest teas, iced tea bags and many more options. They also have luxurious tea tins, tea-scented candles, and other delicacies and treats to accompany the elegant setting of this prestigious tea salon.

Ripe Market



Dubai is home to many organic farms and vendors across the city. The Ripe Markets in Dubai are platforms for locals to sell their fresh produce and a way of encouraging the support of organic vegetables, fruit, superfoods, tea, honey, eggs and other freshly grown products. The markets run at three different locations in Dubai: Zabeel Park, Times Square Center and Al Barsha Pond Park on various dates. The assortment of items to choose from makes for a rich organic shopping experience out among the Dubai community. When it comes to good food and beverages, these must-see spots are only a few of the many great, yet underrated attractions Dubai has to offer. The decadent spices, meals, teas, coffees, fruit, vegetables and drinks make it a delicious encounter with unlimited options to choose from.

It is not the travel that makes the man, but the man that makes that adventure through travel.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.495s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb