Troy


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
April 20th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another early start - our first real mediteranean breakfast - everyone coped and I loved it feta, bread, cucumber and tomatoes!

Ferry ride to Canakkale and then bus out to Troy - once on the sea I realised I really miss the ocean, and glad to be back and now really looking forward to the cruise(s)!

Our guided tour of Troy was great - not too long for Kasey and lots of space to run around, very sobering to realise all of the treasure from this great civilisation is located in other countries, not here in Istanbul. We met a couple of Canadian Dr's who were travelling around, they were commenting non-stop about how well behaved the kids were - which i guess more than on the whole they are.

From there it was a 6 hour bus trip back to istanbul, missed the shuttle so caught a taxi back to the hotel. A very long day ended at our favourite restaurant across the road - nice and close. The staff love the kids, Kasey has become the owners favourite - he made her a paper flower and she was very impressed. An American couple stopped by our table on their way out again to comment about our wonderful family and well behaved children - so much better than American kids according to them - which really makes me wonder about American kids!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb