Gaziantepe


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Southeastern Anatolia » Gaziantep
September 20th 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Tinsmith's at Work 12 secs
Gaziantep was another of those towns that it was suggested that maybe we shouldn't visit. Apparently it is meant to be a bit wild.



Well once again we were pleasantly suprised and we are so pleased we included it in our trip. It was only a stopover arriving late afternoon and then out again in the morning.



The trip from the Yuvacali Home Stay to Gaziantep was about 210 km's, a 3 hrs bus ride and it cost 39 Turkish Lira, about $21 NZ. Sad goodbyes to our wondeful Kurdish host parents and Halil took us to the bus station at Hilvan.



Gaziantep is another large city about 1 million people. It was easier to catch a taxi from the Otogar to our hotel, The Belkis Hotel. Staff were very friendly and we had a comfortable stay.



In the evening we walked to a street cafe on the footpath and I had an aubergine dish, I hadnt worked out how to eat it when the waiter came over, took my knife and fork off me and proceeded to skin the Aubergine for me, felt like being baby fed, but I have to admit his method was far better than mine, we both had a laugh, Sheryll had a beef kebab.



That evening we walked around the old town which is under the walls of the Castle, unfortunately the crafts people were just closing their satlls for the evening so decided to come back in the morning before we headed off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb