Marmaris Sailing Holiday


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean
March 9th 2015
Published: March 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Marmaris is a Turkish town well known for its vast number of activities both for families and the younger generations. It is situated in the province of Muğla. Even though its population is around 28 000, the number tends to increase by tenfold during the tourist season.

When visiting Marmaris , you are certain to have a fulfilling trip as there are numerous things to keep you occupied. Activities ranging from sailing to Ephesus, Pamukkale and a few more desirable nearby destinations to scuba diving, river rafting and such. Surely, Marmaris will manage to provide something for even the most demanding tourists. Another fact worth mentioning is that Marmaris is the perfect spot where one can experience the Turkish culture. You can do so by indulging in Turkish baths, which have been around since the Otoman Empire.

For all partygoers, Bar Street is where the majority of nights will be spent. It is a famous street in Marmaris which is occupied by more than a hundred bars and night clubs. Such a vast number of bars and night clubs will certainly cater to everyone’s taste in music. Apart from the Bar Street, on the beachfront, The Turtle Bar is by far the most popular place, where one can relax and have a few drinks while watching the sunset. Whatever your image of a perfect night out is, Marmaris is sure to provide.

Those bringing their families to Marmaris are also surely going to be satisfied with their choice of a vacationing spot. With a number of picturesque beaches, you can enjoy the sun and the pristine sea. Apart from spending the day on the beach you can enjoy the authentic Turkish cuisine in one of the restaurants on the beachfront. Or you ride one of the minibuses to the neighbouring towns of Icmeler or Turunc. These dolmus minibuses are a cheap way of transportation that will drop you off wherever you wish along its route. After a few days of enjoying Marmaris, you should go on a one day excursion to Ephesus or Pamukkale as they, as well, are filled with numerous sights to see and things to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb