Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
July 22nd 2009
Published: August 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a very interesting night I woke up in a hostel bed in Istanbul, I was feeling somewhat tired, i was still unable to put my full weight on my foot and as I had no sense of direction yet I decided to do a tour to get my bearings and savour the energy I did have. I relictantly chose the double decker bus option, but in the end I cherished the relaxing day. Over the next few days I would explore the city and sights more thoroughly and in the evenings I tried my best to avoid the party scene by checking out a couple of movies. But I could only resist for so long. On a couple of nights we ended up on the top floor bar of the hostel enjoying some beers and the flavoured tabacco in waterpipes whilst overlooking the bospherous, then enjoyed the nightlife the city had to offer. Some really cool things I saw/did included taking a traditional Turkish bath (where a fat man wearing only a towel scrubs me down and baths me when I'm wearing the same in a steamy sauna with other half naked men watching. At one point I was laying on my back and he was hovering over my face singing and when I accidentaly made I contact with him he tried to tickle me, very unnerving. By the end of the experience I felt somewhat violated but very very clean and yet somehow slightly dirty.) and the others mainly involved checking out many cool markets, in particular the Egyptian or spice market that sold (you guessed it) spices, tea, turkish delight, etc and actually Turkish Viagra. Funny shit. On the final day in Istanbul I met up with a few friends from Sarajevo and we all went out to dinner, which turned into watching the sun rise over Istanbul whilst sitting on rocks with our feet in the bospherous, an incredible sight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb