Troya Show


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
November 24th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Thought İ would share my thoughts about a wonderful show İ went to on Friday night - called 'Troya'. İ thought it was quite expensive at 112 lira but at the end of the who İ felt it was worth every penny. This is performed by a cast from Turkish dancers and has travelled throughout Europe and Turkey and follows the story about Troy the wooden horse. The costumes, the dancing, the lighting and stage props were absolutely marvellous and was non-stop for 2 hours. Basically there was a Greek person named Odysseus and he came up with a plan to end the 10-year Trojan War, which had begun when the Greeks set sail to retrieve Menelaus' wife. The was was at a stalemate nobody really knew what to do next. So Mr Odysseus instructed the Greeks to move and hide all their ships so that it appeared that the Greeks had surrendered and left, as a parting gift they left a giant wooden horse in front of the walls to the city of Troy. The Trojans thought that it was a peace offering and dragged it inside the city walls. Unfortunately for the Trojans the horse as filled with Greek soldiers, The Trojans themselves were a little distracted from their celebratory drinking and were easy prey for the Greeks. They burned down the city and killed many a Trojan and the war was finally won. So the show was wonderfılly illustrated through dance, similar to the Riverdance but with much more variety.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb