Visit to Madrid, Spain


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
November 22nd 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Madrid SquareMadrid SquareMadrid Square

Magnificent Square which was full of Christmas stalls
A few months ago İ had the chance to visit Spain to visit my friend Donna, a Kiwi living there. She used to live in İstanbul where İ met her and after her move (back) to Spain she invited me to visit her. So İ took a week off work and flew from İstanbul to Madrid Airport where she met me. Of course, we did the usual touristy things, eating tappas, drinking their renowned wine, walking the streets and exploring the nooks and crannies of the back streets. İ also took a trip down to Valencia as İ had to see where we 'lost' the big yachting world cup. İt was Xmas time so, of course lots of Christmas decorations in the shops and even on the roof tops! One day, İ met up with other friends and we took an hour train trip to a quaint village in the mountains with a monastry which we explored and was enthralled with.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Donna and İ tasting tappas!Donna and İ tasting tappas!
Donna and İ tasting tappas!

Tasty and delicious - but you have to stand!!!!!!
Street performersStreet performers
Street performers

Many statues like these entertaining the Christmas crowds.
Beautiful buildingsBeautiful buildings
Beautiful buildings

Many historical buildings are throughout the city
Another historic buildingAnother historic building
Another historic building

Another example of the architectural design of the buildings.
Xmas scenes Xmas scenes
Xmas scenes

These Xmas scenes dominated the entire front of the roof top which provided a picture paradise for tourists and locals alike.
Christmas lights in ValenciaChristmas lights in Valencia
Christmas lights in Valencia

The main street was decorated with trees and lights while evening strollers listened to choirs.
Village in the mountainVillage in the mountain
Village in the mountain

My friends, Honora, Richard and İ while visiting the Monastary in the mountain village.


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb