Day 7 – “Love Valley” & “Pigeon Valley”


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
May 31st 2015
Published: December 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Serdar had offered us to give us a lift that morning to the beginning of the “Love Valley”. (Have a look at the pictures and you will understand…)



It was really hot and there was no shadow at all, but we really had fun taking pictures and getting lost on the way to Uçhisar. On the very top of that small village, you can see an old “castle” also built in the stone. From its top you can see all Kappadokya and Göreme. After enjoying a bit the view, we came back through the “Pigeon Valley”. It is supposed to be the valley which has the most pigeon lofts. As we arrived at the end of the Valley, a huge sudden shower surprised us and we had to stay a bit in an old church we luckily found and ate there our picnic. A just married couple arrived a few minutes later to take pictures so we went back to the center of Göreme. After a little break and with dry outfits, we headed towards “El Nazaar” church, near the open air Museum, which was unfortunately closed. On the way we tried the “gözleme”, a special pasticery with cheese and herbs inside (great taste!). We stayed a bit under the sun, sitting on its stairs and went back.







We had a “Meze” for dinner in a little fancy coffee. This is a mix of typical Turkish starters. It was followed by two desserts, of course, Baklavas and rice pudding.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb