Open air museum. nov 27


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia » Göreme
December 11th 2013
Published: December 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We went to the open air museum just out side of Göreme. The open air museum is not a museum with ancient artefacts of Turkey it's a lot of cave churches with paintings from all over the country from Sudan and others. We learned a lot about the culture and how hard it was to live in that time. After the museum we went for lunch, the restaurant was one that's in the rock face! We had a really good pottery kabob. We then went for a hike, there were places where I got to run up one side then up the other one. Me and mom played tag with Jill a little bit. We went to an old church school thats not in function any more. We then went and saw a pottery demonstration where he made a mini pot and a pitcher for wine. Then mom, Hannah, Jen, Elisa and me made a piece each. It was difficult, but fun at the same time. We then went and saw his finished pieces mom even bought a plate. For supper we went to a family's house where they made us a really good meal it was meat and vegetables in a eggplant and for desert we had home made baklava. It was a really nice to have a home cooked meal.

Good night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb