High in the sky. Nov 28


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia » Göreme
December 11th 2013
Published: December 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We went on a ballon ride at 6:00am I think it was too early but worth it. They fed us at the office it was like all the other breakfasts. Jill, Elise, Rachel, mom and me where paired with 8 other people and the pilot. Our pilot was hilarious he made jokes, he asked if we had been on a hot air balloon before we said it was are first time and he said it was his too! The view was unbelievably beautiful as the sun rose from the depth of the darkness and shone light to the world! We went through the valley of love and were really close to the ground we then shot up and went 930metres above the ground, we were only feet above the ground when we went over a ridge with some people taking photos of us. We were in the air for 1hour and 15minutes. When we were landing, we had some difficulties. The balloon could not land on the truck so the balloon team had to chase us for a while and we were put on the truck trailer. To congratulate us we had cranberry juice and champagne. Of course I just had cranberry juice. We went back to the hotel and had a second breakfast then we went to the earth formed castle that was dug out and used, in the roman times. They used it as a prison and would push the worst ones off the top. We looked a bit then we went to a rug loom where we saw woman working. They had a full salary paid by the government and got a pension supplied also by the government. We learned how the rugs are made and how they prepare, make and dye the wool, cotton and silk. They then took us in a room and showed us tons of rugs. After mom went to another room to find one to buy and Jill went to another to find one two. Jen, Francisco and me saw where most of the silk rugs are and saw an awarded wining 200000£ we left mom and went back to the hotel. Later the group had lunch then mom, Jill, Jen, Hanna and I went shopping. We then had supper at Fat Boys and played games like janga, backgammon and pictionary till 8:00pm.

Good night

Snake Wangler.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb